Open Sorcery Games
Based in Rochester, NY
Sometime in 2026
One of the world's most beloved literary characters is now YOUR problem. Hearth & Holmes is a mystery-solving visual novel set on a backdrop of cozy life simulation. You play as John Watson, new to his friendship with Sherlock Holmes and desperately trying to cajole his reckless, work-obsessed friend into exercising some level of self-care.
Hearth & Holmes is the third formal release from Open Sorcery Games and the first release of a game with significant visuals. Previous games have been primarily text-based.
- Accompany Holmes through the formative years of his development as a detective
- Finish writing 'A Study in Scarlet' and try to get it published.
- Plot with Mrs. Hudson to make sure Holmes eats breakfast.
- Apologize to Irene Norton for pretending to set her house on fire.
- Play bridge with Professor Moriarty. This will end well.
- Confront darker matters: Holmes' substance abuse and your own PTSD from the Anglo-Afghan War.
Hearth & Holmes Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
The game is available to wishlist at https:.
About Open Sorcery Games
A video game development/production company dedicated to publishing story-centric games and supporting other video game companies with scripting and narrative consultation.
More information on Open Sorcery Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Hearth and Holmes Credits
Owner, Writer, Programmer