Open Sorcery Games
Based in Rochester, NY
October 21, 2016
Press / Business contact:
A video game development/production company dedicated to publishing story-centric games and supporting other video game companies with scripting and narrative consultation.
Open Sorcery Games is a one-person company. The person, Abigail Corfman, is a writer-programmer hybrid who specializes in Interactive Fiction and evocative minimalism. She is the designer of Open Sorcery, an award-winning game that has been featured at Indiecade and PAX. She also created its sequel Open Sorcery: Sea++.Current Affairs
Abigail currently works for Gameloft, where she is a writer for the popular game Disney Dreamlight Valley. She is also developing her next independent game Hearth and Holmes, which depicts Sherlock Holmes as an eccentric and uncooperative tamagotchi.
Open Sorcery Trailer YouTube
Hearth + Holmes Trailer YouTube
There are far more images available for Open Sorcery Games, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "28th Annual IF Competition, 2nd Place" - The Absence of Miriam Lane, November 19 2022
- "XYZZY Award: Best Individual PC" - BEL/S from Open Sorcery, July 23 2017
- "XYZZY Award: Best Puzzles" - 16 Ways To Kill A Vampire At McDonalds, July 23 2017
- "22nd Annual IF Competition, 5th Place" - 16 Ways to Kill a Vampire at McDonalds, November 17 2016
- "Meaningful Play 2016: Most Innovative Game" - Open Sorcery, October 22 2016
- "Indiecade Finalist" - Open Sorcery, October 14 2016
- "There is a richness to the breadth of emotions and tones presented, all of which combine into a rewarding and unique technology-fueled magical realism."
- Black Girl Nerds, Black Girl Nerds
- "IndieSider #57: Open Sorcery by Abigail Corfman"
- Ken Gagne, IndieSider
- "This is a wonderful horror game, but it's not based on jump scares or gory descriptions. It's about the desperation of trying to help people with limited tools and limited time. Oh, and you're an artificial intelligence made of magic. There's that."
- MadameHardy, Steam Review
- "I learned how to dream and explained selfhood to malware. 10/10"
- Lex, Steam Review
Team & Repeating Collaborator
Owner, Writer, Programmer